Friday, November 11, 2011

ROCKIN birthday girl

My granddaughter, Madison turned 8 and was VERY specific about the colors and her "style" of her decorations - BUT did inform me  - do whatever you want grandma. her 1st choice was Justin Beiber but we don't have a cartridge for that...  WHY NOT Grandma.. YOU have everything else!   I hope you enjoy.. the pics are broken up as it was hard to get them all together for a good pic.  I will break down the directions throughout the pictures so you can see  them too...   AND would you believe I had 3 days to get this done..  last minute she wanted decorations - THESE decorations!!

Here is the picture of the decorations I created.  Using My gypsy to create -  and Expression to print..   ALL paper is from close to My heart unless noted otherwise..  Colors: Bubblegum, Crystal Blue & Key Lime and ink - Bubblegum.   red was used for her hair.  So here goes... .
.
She was fun to make using Rock princess cartridge at 7in H  Red hair like my granddaughter with stickles as barrettes.  If you notices their skirts - it is created using stickles.  One girl has Worn Lipstick and the other has Cotton Candy.  a lil bling on their shirt (a butterfly)  peachy keen stamps baby faces 1 1/8 for her face - I love the versatility from the faces!  BUT silly me forgot to color the eyes in. (been pretty sick as I was making these)

Guitar has glitter on the long part (whatever this part is called  :0) double sided scrap paper allowed me to give the 2 guitars 2 different looks.
Sheer ribbon was wrapped about their hand and the guitars hot glued  with some paper behind.. looks pretty this way.  This will hang in her room when all done!
I had some blue chipboard letters left over in a baggie in my stash (I have a lot of stashes  lol) Amazing enough - MADISON spelled her name with Icicle stickles to bling it up.  even the guitar strings up top have some bling too!  i love to ink around the edges and it shows up her on the guitar parts which were embossed with Stars with Swirls.  Smiley Cards cartridge (on on the Gypsy) was used for the guitars at 6.50in H



aren't these boots adorable.  black paper and diamond stickles made these boots a "rockin!  please forgive the piece of paper you see here - I was in a rush took the pic - but i did take it off!  I normally am more careful!!


a plain cake board created an awesome background for paper and some cricut cuts to create an awesome background for her cupcakes and will be on her dresser later! - paper: left over from ctmh colors mentioned on top AND Birthday Lingo patterned paper from kelly Panacci / sandylion created such an awesome look.  torn paper and a lil ink covered this board.  Cake Basics Cricut cartridge for the "make a wish" and Sweet Treats cartridge for the candles cut out at 5.50in H

I LOVE making decorations for Cupcakes!!  I spelled out  happy 8th birthday madison  using cardboard chipboard - they were white and I just added some Bling stickles  worn lipstick & cotton candy to the letters and guitar.  Placed on the Party Picks toothpicks - it was perfect!!

Cake basics Cricut cartridge was cut using the Happy Birthday and some Stickles added some bling to the letters.




her cupcakes - they were yummy!  A few extra guitars were placed around the cupcakes as fill in's.
I hope you liked my granddaughters decorations!!

1 comment:

  1. You did great. Everything is super cute. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower ;0)

    Be Blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete