Monday, January 23, 2012

The letter of the day is D..


I hope you have visited my other talented and creative Design Team Sisters. BUT if not, please head on back to mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com and be ready to be Inspired!  I would really love it if you'd leave some : dino-ments for me..  lol  get it  comments   LOL  always appreciated..

Letter D bring today the Cricut cartridge..

Dinosaur Tracks...  what a cute cartridge for the old and young alike....

** stamp saying  - Cloud Nine designs; simple thoughts - happy birthday.
**Mountains created at 1.5 in (there are different layers) I cut the same layer out  few times and layered them to give it the effect of a BIG mountain.
** the T-Rex (#1 on overlay) cut out at 2in.
** the twine is from Ctmh as well as the ink that is inked on here through the dino and the paper itself
** embossed using the bird Call from cuttlebug for the background  I wanted the feel of the leaves, twigs etc.. that I imagined would be.
** Dino has a cute googly eye and is embossed using Burlap from Sizzix tim holtz.


This is a tag on #1 overlay "TAG  Function and just inked with chocolate ink and given a special eye.

Here is a card I made a while ago that I wanted to show you since I bet no one has ever seen him.. Still with the LETTER D  -Dinosaur.  I had in mind for an older person for this card.
I loved creating this dinosaur from Create a Critter cut at 2.80w & 2.68 h.  
.  Other items used:  *Gypsy wanderings used for the frame that Dino sits on and then embossed using the Cracked embossing folder from Tim Holtz from Sizzix.    
** Cuttlebug set of Animal prints was used to emboss the tail and the top body of the dinosaur.  I used peachy Keen stamps from critter faces set A med. 
** I also used cardstock from Ctmh: kiwi (deleted now) , orange and clover meadow.  Bamboo Ink from ctmh used on the edging of card.  I love inking around edges!!  
  ** the twine is also from CTMH
** oops.. fogot which cartridge the leaves came from..  My gypsy is not near me (how dare I .. lol) 
**  The saying on the outside of the card is one my hubby thought of when I told him I was making a birthday card..  Cute huh!!     
** the inside of the card saying is from CTMH D1111 card sentiments.  
I hope you have enjoyed this card.

Inside of the card said -      "You're not getting older...  You're getting better".


I also used a dinosaur from the 25 days of Christmas -  Day 9 CLICK HERE   if you'd like to see another example of a dinosaur but he too is from Create a Critter.

HEAD BACK TO  mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com  to be inspired for more projects by my DT sisters!

5 comments:

  1. Doris, you did such a great card for the letter D! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards Doris. Love the sentiments. I also love your new profile picture!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doris... love your cards!! The embossing looks great and the sentiment Aged to Perfection made me chuckle!! I might have to snag that one if you dont mind! TFS! :)

    DT Sis, Shelly Lynn

    ReplyDelete