Sunday, December 25, 2011

25th Dec - last day of the 25 Days of Christmas - NAVITY scene



Welcome to Erica's Craft Room
25 Days of Christmas,
with 25 Cricut projects a day.
Don't forget to stop by Erica's blog to see 24 more projects today....
and every day in December.  As this is the Last day of our 25 days of Christmas - I thank Erica for allowing me to be a part of her Seasonal Team and can't wait for 2012 for much more creativity as she graciously accepted me to be on her DT. (oohh so excited!!)  I thank everyone for their nice comments and hope you left them on everyone's else's!  Please it is never to late to go back and see the past 24 days of creativity and a season of Joy, faith and happiness!

Please head on over to see more inspiration and creativity over at:
                            mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com 

Merry Christmas!  Today I celebrate the BIRTH of Jesus!  What a blessing his birth has given to me.  Today, I wanted little to no frills, just a plain view of what Jesus and his birth represented.  I hope that I display that for you today.  My inspiration for today's Home decor as I was singing and Worshiping in church this past Sunday, this song just stood out at me as I stared at the words and thought THIS WAS PERFECT!

Creating these awesome Home Decor was using the cartridges; Inspired heart cutting out the Nativity Scene at 8.85in H.  The Star was created using the cartridge; Christmas cut out at 16.41in H.    More directions, info along the pics below.  The back board is a piece of thin cardboard bought at Hobby lobby, I covered it with Silver paper using 3in strips. (it only took 2 strips).  I inked around the edges using silver ink pad.



Printed via my computer I typed only a few verses that pertained to the "light". 3 verses total.  Printed on white cardstock that was first inked all over using the gold ink pad then printed. Tore around the edges and re-inked using the gold inkpad.  Wanted the "old' effect.

oops on the side view.  I used the Christmas cartridge as this was a suggestion from another blogger and it was awesome.  I used the contour hide feature to hide the Christmas tree as I only just wanted the star.  Using the Icicle Stickles - I coated the top layer of the star and used pop dots (2 levels high) to give it depth off the board.

here is the partial song to The First Noel.

side view of the star before it was stickled...

wanting a simple yet not frilly look to the wonderful event, I used gold and silver poinsettas from the company Prima Flowers called Holiday Metal. So pretty aren't they.

Wishing you and your family a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Please remember to hop back to Erica and make comments on everyone's blog!

1 comment:

  1. Doris,
    This is beautiful!! It has been a joy and pleasure serving with you on this seasonal DT. I am looking forward to serving on Erica's team with you in 2012. Thank you for all the wonderful comments you have left on my blog!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete