Friday, February 3, 2012

FEB 2012 - 100 Cartridge Blog Hop

Be sure to visit Erica's Blog http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com tomorrow for over 50 NEW projects that you did not see today....
Also make sure to follow Erica's blog so you will know when she has contests, prizes, challenges, swaps & special online coupons.

Currently she is running a Scrapbook & Card challenge over on her challenge blog and you can win a gift certificate to her webstore!  http://ericascraftroomchallenges.blogspot.com/

This Friday she will announce February's Scrapbook swap.... She has a swap each week and you have two weeks to make your project each month. There will be a card, scrapbook, tag, die cut and embellishment swap each month! http://ericascraftroomswaps.blogspot.com/

Don't forget to comment along the way on all of the blogs today and tomorrow to be entered to win the Cricut cartridge or K. Andrew Its Valentine stamp set that Erica is giving away today.
Winners will be announced on her blog on Tuesday!

If you get a chance please visit Erica's Webstore and enjoy 15% your total purchase this weekend.
Enter the code 15 during the third step of check out to see the discount.
She has everything crafty.... Cricut cartridges, adhesive, papers, stamps and so much more.....
LINE UP FOR TODAY IS:
SATURDAY line up
1.     My Cricut Craft Room http://mycricutcraftroom.blogspot.com
2.      Michelle G - http://paperaffair.blogspot.com
5.      Doris http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com/ -  ME
6.      Jamie /http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com   NEXT for more creativity
7.      Liz /http://tryin2craft.blogspot.com 
13.  Erica’s Projects http://ericasprojects.blogspot.com
25.   Blog Candy http://ericasblogcandy.blogspot.com
NOW onto our scheduled Blog hop....
MY cartridges today being featured are:  CAR DECALS - FATHERS DAY and BATMAN
                               
                                      CAR DECALS
I was asked to make a card with feet for the toes.. (um okay..)  for a lady who is getting a pedicure from her friends for her birthday!  hmmm. so as i was looking for this blog hop and... - WHALAA.. there is feet on my featured cartridge..   CAR DECALS!  So here goes.
-SMOOCHES - various colors!  I used 12 colors. I know 10 toes...  white on the tip of toe and red on the card itself.
- TOES cut at 5.5 inches on the Imagine and then using the RGB code of  255 220 177 for the feet color.

- I typed the sentiment on my computer. There needs to be more pedi-mani word stamps! lol   SEE all the spots on there - it's to represent all the nail-polish we brush off first before our toes gets it..

- stamp set is from Inkadinkado - Stamp It, Girlfriend.  I used the nailpolish bottle and stamped randomly on the card base with the black stazon ink pad.  then using the SMOOCHES - I just pained in the middle of the bottle.

- inked around the edges is ctmh ink pad bubblegum

- Peachy Keen Stamp set PRINCESS faces 1 1/8th PK 641 and high-lighted with extra color from ctmh watercolor pencils.  I saw after I was looking - I forgot her blush  -so I went back and highlighted her pretty cheeks.
I have got to say   -It looks MUCH cuter in person!



FATHER'S DAY CARTRIDGE
my hubby wanted this made to the size you see..  I wanted to go bigger but nope - this is exactly what he wanted and where it is!!
Using Fathers Day and cutting out at 5in & Using the Imagine for the built in colors just makes me so very happy!  wanted to use vinyl but as he says  -it's my project and I want paper. (okay then..)

on HIS door.. to HIS room..  
Using the pre-selected colors in the Imagine - this made this card an easy quick card. ALL cuts in the Fathers Day cartridge.  Is this not a cool recliner cut out at 3in. I love the remote control whcih is cut at 1.5  (word of wisdom.. the larger the remote control the better). the Remote control up on 3d dots to give a little depth.  DAD came from CTMH June stamp set.  Twine is yellow and black from ctmh.

NEXT CARD AND LAST for FATHERS DAY!
 Notice that Jayden wrote on the top of the card... TO DAD...  before I could take a picture...
  Hope you like his card, he says!
 
 The FATHERS DAY seasonal cartridge is perfect as dad just likes many of the items on this cool cartridge.  so we have an 81/2 x 11 card-stock folded in half and inked blue (like the sky, I am told) since Dad does these outside. 
*  I embossed the life jacket with the Cracked Sizzix from Tim Holtz embossing folder. *The Golf handle is embossed with  the Herringbone  PC cuttlebug folder and Spots and Dots embossed folder on the golf ball.  Jayden insists this is what the golf ball looks like. the tee that the ball sits on was colored green since dad has some green ones.
*  the fish were cut out on grey ctmh cs on the Paper Dolls for Everyday cricut cartridge.  
**  The sentiment inside is such a cute one that I have had for years. 2005 Stampin up.  I don't recall the set name except it came with a little girls and boy dressed up like mom & dad.  
BATMAN CARTRIDGE
This is my project for today which isn't much BUT it's what my 7yr old wanted... his name .. just like that!  Cut out at 4in for each of the capes (which in #36 on the overlay) and is shown for a party decor BUT as we know.. there is no limitations to creativity  and the font is on the cartridge too and cut out at 1.5 each.  Colors are from the built in from the Imagine.  Threaded and hung on Blue twine from Ctmh.

some previous batman creations I have made for a birthday boy last year.   (HINT: The larger the cut the better to put it together for the characters!!)  ALL characters are cut at 6 or 7in.


details are awesome!


strips of black card stock & batman patterned paper, had in stash.  Batman font letters cut from cartridge;   misc stickers are on here too as well as some cricut cuts
It still hangs up in his room.   -  "HOLY BATMAN  IT"S MASON"S 5 BIRTHDAY

take a white sandwich bag ink it up with yellow ink and glue on bats for party bags - easy and cheap!




Who knew a door hanger could be turned into an invitation!!   FRONT & BACK.  It's a door hanger BUT an awesome invite that also fits in the invitation envelopes!  Cut out at 4in. The sentiment is from the cartridge too! I just typed up the invite details and cut to fit.





Please head on over to to continue on this fun day of creativity of my fellow DT sister...  JAMIE

42 comments:

  1. Love the recliner Father's Day card! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects, you went all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did a ton of great work! I especially love the man cave and batman!!

    Your DT sis Cori at www.createdbycori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that is alot of projects, but they all look fabulous!
    TFS
    DT sis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dorris everything is so cute! Great Man Cave projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow so many great projects!! I feel like i didnt do enough lol i made one thing for my post --- lol great job!! TFS
    gloriaC

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many cute projects!
    Tracy
    http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doris, your projects are awesome!
    Miranda :)
    MCCR DT Sister
    www.nanasscrapspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects Doris!

    http://jamiek711designs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Doris, you outdid your self!!! What great projects!! Love, Love, Love the pedicure card. I have never used Smooches before,may have to give them a try!!
    Kathy
    http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dorris all of your projects look amazing ... My favorite is the toes and nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doris you have created some amazing projects and love how you added hints about sizes etc. The door hanger as an invitation ingenius I love it! Thanks for sharing and look forward to seeing some more great inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your projects turned out great!! I love the door hanger/invite idea! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous projects Doris!! The batman are wonderful - lots of work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job! I really love your style of work! DT sis Vickie M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of your projects. I really need some manly carts. Father's Day ;looks like a good choice
    katieoscreations@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love all your projects today!


    Samantha
    samamthascricutcreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done amazing jobs on all of these projects

    ReplyDelete
  19. The foot card is hysterical!! I LOVE it, my daughter is always wanting me to paint her toes, this wold be great for a sb page! Good grief, another cartridge to add to my list!
    Marji
    fellow dt sis
    www.fstampaholic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wasn't familiar with any of these cartridges. Thannks for sharing your great projects!
    smilesmoore2 atverizon dotnet

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow so many great projects Doris. the toe card made my day, love the sentiment.
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  22. How awesome is everything you made! Michelle, your DT sister

    ReplyDelete
  23. you did so much, it is hard to know what to comment on since it all was great. The father's day cards were perfect,loved both. My grandson would love batman, and that idea for the fingernail polish bottle fantastic
    upnurse at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH Doris I love everything you did with the BATMAN Cart!! Especially the idea of turning the Door hanger into an invite! VERY creative!!

    xoxoxox

    Jess @ www.homespunelegance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You were busy!!! Thank you for sharing all of your wonderful creations! My favorite is the door hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow so many great projects I am so impressed with each one. So many fun things.
    Linda
    lmkindell1@verizon.net
    lindashappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow awesome projects!!! Haden't seen anything done with the batman cartridg. Really liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow...so many great projects! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  29. These are such awesome projects Doris. I just got the Batman cart in and now I have to try it. TFS, Mary M

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have been very busy! Great projects! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Really cute projects, love them all

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great Projects!! Very inspiring!! TFS!! dt sis Vickie M

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love all the projects.

    Dana
    Danascraftycorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. You go girl! Someone has the crafty bug! Great projects! Love them all!
    lisa
    www.allmadebylisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. WOW you've been busy!!! AWESOME projects :)

    Sherri
    DT sis
    squeakyscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great projects! I have to say that the Batman ones were my favorite though :)

    Lucy
    http://love2createitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow... you have certainly been busy! I love your projects!! The foot card is so funny... I love it!! The Man Cave sign and Fathers day cards look really good... very professional looking! I'm sure your hubby loved them!! I also love Jayden's Batman banner... this really looks like a fun cart!! TFS all your wonderful projects Doris!

    DT Sis, Shelly Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  38. My goodness, you are busy with projects!

    ReplyDelete